Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apologies all around for not being around. The last few weeks have been a doozy! 

There aren't many here that know(maybe a few of you do) that I have a teenage daughter who has Asperger's Syndrome. AS is a form of high functioning autism. For most of my daughter's life, she has been a complex but overall good kid. Until recently....

For the past three years we have been suffering through the deadly disease that many parents of teenage daughters know all too well. Hormonitis. Of course it is 10X worse when you mix AS with the hormonal upheaval of becoming a young woman and being stuck in a child's mind. Jess lives in the world of Peter Pan, Barney and Tom & Jerry all rolled up into one. However, her temper gets the best of her and us.

She is obsessed with certain movie musicals and TV shows and has to be closely monitored on what she does watch. We had to block the TV Guide channel because of the shows and commercials they display above the guide!

Both Jess and her younger ADD sister are homeschooled for obvious reasons and lately that hasn't been going so well. Jess would rather watch cartoons than schoolwork and lets us know in loud voices and agressive attitudes. So loud that it really upsets her sensitive sister's ability to study and do her own schoolwork. Since we have only one computer smack dap in the living room where 'school' takes place...well Houston we have a problem.

Lately it's been WWIII here and it takes a toll on us as parents as well. Exhaustion and stress are the key words here. To squeeze in a part time job and other mundane things becomes more difficult. I miss the days of belonging to a pagan group because I have nobody to really rely on for help and support in the days where I need it the most. Needless to say working on my little creations take a back burner some months. Not the greatest way to run an online business I must say.

Not to say that I'm not working at all....

I'm having to wait on buttons(like below) arrive via the mail to finish this one.

And this one...and no, I didn't misspell 'blessed be'




Hence the reason it is spelled with two  ee's instead of one.

So I'm working but I've needed a breather from my being here due to my darling daughter. But there is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. The herbal concoctions that we started her on two months seems to be taking hold so maybe we will have some peaceful times.
Then again, she is 17. I don't think those will stay for very long. Who said raising girls was easy?

BB
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Castle Part 3

Part Three How she hated being the odd man out; the who one who always knew they were talking about her yet but their eyes, their man...