Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let It Snow!

More snow in the land of North Texas! This time it is worse than when the 10 inches we had at Christmas!

I had gotten up with my husband around 4:30am and nary a snowflake in sight. By 8:30, this is what I faced!
This is what my neighbors are seeing as well. Even though it seems as if it has stopped,  you would be mistaken! The flakes which are about a quarter size are still coming down. It's supposed to pick up again tonight. At the moment we have about 11 inches!
Which makes trash day a bit more arduous!

Then there is a dog in distress. Our hero Lightning is having issues with his 'Wishbone' outfit. Looks a bit like a Sherlock Holmes without the cap.
But he has his trusty sidekick Alyssa!
Always there to save the day! Or to lift him out of the more serious 'snow holes'.
Which is more than I can say for my poor porch. We live in a 66-yr-old house which has the original lathe and concrete porch ceiling. This was all the rage in its time, advertised as being able to last a lifetime!
Well not so much with age and weight from the extreme moisture taking its toll!
Needless to say, I get to stay home today. This is all right with me, my muse seems to come out when it's dark, rainy or inclement weather(such as freak yet heavy snow days) arises. Finding a cozy corner with a cup of cocoa and my embroidery is just the ticket! 
Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gang Buster of a Day

Oy my days have been nuts.    I am exhausted all of the time because my husband and I changed the sides of the bed, THE dog, not the husband...