Monday, December 12, 2011

We're Back......

Events, beside the seasonal holidays, have been backfiring around here like a bad Chevy. My last post stated that I was getting overwhelmed with job, lack of money, kid's school and just general stress everywhere.

Now things have changed in major season-changing ways. Just a few weeks ago, I came home to find the husband's foot inflamed and swollen. It stayed this way for several days. I also found a place where had once housed a callus was turning darker. I was assuming gout but by Monday it had turned black. 

Yes sir, we had gout-driver diabetes. My never-sick-a-day-in-his-life husband was stricken with severe diabetes and a blood count of over 359 (the average being 100-120). We thought he would lose his toe or even his whole foot and he was so weak that staying in bed all day was not an issue.

Lots of healing prayers later, we have a man who doesn't necessarily have to be on solely 'white foods', doesn't have to have insulin and appears as though the oxygen chamer therapy will save his toe. He knows how lucky  he is. Although he still has to wear his irritating rehab shoe to keep weight off of his foot and poke himself daily, he is thrilled to know he will live. Now job hunting has changed altogether...no more driving a truck.

I don't know if it was because of this but things have changed for myself as well. I got off my butt and the etsy site for over the hill is open for business once again with a brand new banner as you can see above. And the writing bug has returned with a vengeance. I've written 15 articles in 2 weeks!  Still have issues with paying the bills but now I dont care. I do the best that I can and if that isn't enough; then its just not enough. I can't make the drive any closer nor can they get blood out of a turnip. I suppose that is my New Year's resolution....dont sweat the small stuff that you can't control. So there ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Book4/11

Day book For Today Tuesday, April, 9:15pm This has been a busy week as I suppose every person of faith is at this time...