Saturday, November 24, 2012

Look Through That Open Door


When one door closes; another opens...I've often wondered who said this because it has become a mantra in my life. And since we as human beings do have a tendency to only use parts of quotes that fit us instead of the entire passage...

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
 
Alexander Graham Bell made this and as you can see he was a bit pessimestic in his statement.  I, however, am not Alexander Graham Bell. I believe that events happen to us for a reason. Perhaps we need a nudge or aren't listening to the Gods when he or she or they are loudly whispering into our ears. Our society as a whole is one for repeating mistakes not seeking out wisdom amongst the universe.
 
I resigned thankfully and happily from a job that was destined for failure. Deceit and emotional abuse seemed to be top priority at this business and having worked for monster companies such as Wal-Mart and HCA, I had already learned that this methods will bring you down both in business and in your spirit. Having my own little business here has taught me many lessons as well.
 
Quite frankly, my spirit is much more important to me than a miserly paycheck.
 
I know it is now because as I approach three weeks of being unemployed, my happiness and spiritual well-being has begun its healing process and is returning me home. For almost a year, I had lost my passion; my heart and my 'favorite thing to do in the world', this little shop of mine, are left me. Within this short period of time, I have created a new workspace, changed the look and branding of my shop(see my new banner above), created new labels/signatures/business cards, new local ads, and set to work on more than a dozen new projects! A DOZEN! I couldn't master one 6 months ago!
 
So my fellow artists and friends, the quotation, no matter how short it is, will come home to roost. When one door closes another does open. Don't pay attention to the why's and wherefore's of it shutting; just know not to be scared to walk through that open doorway. The universe has something wonderful waiting for you there!
 
I know it did for me...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE CASTLE Part 2

The Castle Part 2 “Walk with me” The elderly gentleman extended his hand to the young Victoria. She turned to see the attendants...