Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween Stitchin'



This is my favorite time of year. The cool crispness of the air, the slowing turning of the season and, of course All Hallow's Eve.  My house is covered in more decor than anything that could be wheeled out for Yule.  At the moment, I have 12 totes filled with orange and black adornments.

I also going into a shopping junket for Halloweenesque cross stitch and embroidery patterns. While are happily doing Santas, elves and goofy reindeer, I will spend my winter happily enjoying raven, pumpkins and witches.  I save all year just to be able to buy the large amount of Halloween/Autumn patterns that I purchase. Since this is a limited time only kind of thing (I've never found Halloween patterns after October 31), I have to get everything I need within a few weeks.



What can I tell you...I'm also one of those people who loves the rain. Dark storms are my favorite. I know I've mentioned it before but I just get more creative when it rains hard. I believe the medical term is pluviophile. Maybe I need to embroider that on my umbrella. :)












2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog Shirley. I love all the things you are working on. I too, have more Halloween things than Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that there is someone out there who isn't swimming in Christmas. There is just something about Halloween that is enticing. Thank you for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's Offcial, I'm, disabled

Alright, I KNOW I am disabled, but I really never felt that way on a regular basis.Occasionally I felt like I could return to work but a w...