Wednesday, June 3, 2015

100 Year Flood

Well we have survived the 100 year flood here in Texas.

25 foot tree of our neighbors but landed in our yard.



It was interesting, to say the least.  Each day, in pouring rain my husband and I would dig trenches, secure tarps over our vegetable/herb garden and battle leaks in our outdoor storage shed (since high winds caused the heavy amount of rain to make its way into the interior).
A concave in our yard became a pool three feet deep.

And now comes humidity, heat and mosquitos.    Yea....good times.

After dealing with all of this, I enjoyed sitting on our porch and watching the full moon; the strawberry moon.

It gave me hope that Mother Nature is through with her tantrum and will allow us more gentile weather ahead. I'm definitely grateful that the worst is over.





2 comments:

  1. Yes thank goodness the rains are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching the news and the weather looks absolutely awful. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Day Book4/11

Day book For Today Tuesday, April, 9:15pm This has been a busy week as I suppose every person of faith is at this time...