Friday, July 10, 2015

Not What It's cracked Up To Be



Being medically retired brings quite a few things into one's life.  My inspired ideas to keep me busy usually fall astray to my failing body and constant companion; my bottle of Hydrocodone.

Fortunately, there are a few projects that doesn't combat with faltering legs, back or hands (although, my sight is another story) and that is my jewelry and my needlecraft.


Retirement, forced or not is not the greatest thing. Work friends that you thought were more, disappear in a puff of smoke and you find common interests are not so common.  So hobbies become something that becomes a needed commodity.

Since I've been put on the short list, I have read 69 books, made 35 beaded earrings, 13 crewel pieces and 22 cross stitch projects! To put it mildly, retiring sucks! 

Each article, site and book that I've read makes people my age feel the fear of G-d. If you haven't won the lottery, apparently you won't survive retirement. Of course, word on the street is working isn't much better. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So if you want to avoid the retirement dilemma.....move to Europe!!






1 comment:

  1. talk about me being busy it sounds like you have been too

    ReplyDelete

Day Book April 25,2017

For Today The Simple Woman's Daybook   is hosted by Peggy.  Click  here  for the link to join in.                               ...