Wednesday, July 22, 2015





So sue me, I like this kind of stuff.....

 And now for THIS WEEK'S questions, to answer THIS WEEK . . .

1. What's currently on your To Do list?

Well, being retired/disabled pretty much limits that big ol' To Do list. I finished re-mudding the kitchen (to be ready to re-paint), worked on a beading project, take the youngest to get her forever-falling glasses fixed, call the attorney about my disability, fill out semi-large stack of government of paperwork, tend the garden, work on my extensive cross-stich project which will probably take several months to finish, move the SIL's furniture (that she left at our house several months ago), back to her shop, clean carport out and mend clothes.

2. Better type of superhero: magic/radioactive powers? Or trauma/gadgets/hard work?




Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a child of the 60's and a hippie child as well. I was raised in the day of Archie comics along with Superman and Batman. All the other superheroes came around after that. 

These days, all you have to do is turn on the television or go to the movies to find a superhero . But it wasn't so easy for me as a kid. We traveled quite a bit; Germany, Guam, Australia, Europe, and anywhere you can name in the Middle East, especially Israel. So I was a bit jaded when it came to these so-called super heroes.  Instead, I heard stories from old women and men that I spent time with. Mostly they were neighbors, teachers or even sitters. But my version of a superhero was quite different than what even my own children experienced. 

Baba Yaga brought me nightmares every time I heard the wind pick up.  Napkirály who was the King of the Sun".. He rides his silver-haired horse from East to West every day, seeing everything below him. He was the great protector when I slept.  The coyote was a trickster and not in a good way. Bar-Yuchnei was a huge bird who blocked out the sun.  Conal always battled the Thunder Hag. Fearies weren't the cute little things that Disney created. 

So who needs The Flash or Batman? I grew up with the tales of people and creatures who used magic, who could fly the skies and within nary a second of time be hovering over the horrible landlord or parent who wished to be rid of their child. Creatures that could make you sleep for half your lifetime or make you as tiny as a thimble. 

No, I never needed trauma or gadgets. That was only for the modern folk who needed technology to make them feel safe. I had the belief of magic. 

 
3. Finding out if baby is a boy or a girl before birth: Good idea? Bad idea?


  I think that depends if you are a free spirit or a organizer. Me? I wanted to know just to prepare all those who adorned us with blue or pink. Taking the cowards way out and just choosing green was the in trend when I was having babies 

4. Have you ever appeared on a Jumbotron?


More than I care to admit but always through my fingers!
 
5. Are you more book smart or more street smart?

 I'm quite a bit of both since I spent most of my children and a good portion of my adult life traveling the word. Even if you are not street smart initially, you will be once you finish traveling!
 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, you are a regular Chatty Cathy these days. Is everything all right? If you feel a need to talk just get a hold of me via my email or FB(don't have a cell any more).

    ReplyDelete

Day Book4/11

Day book For Today Tuesday, April, 9:15pm This has been a busy week as I suppose every person of faith is at this time...