Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What is Your Worst Season?

Sometimes when I cannot think of anything to blog about here, I turn to a blog prompt site to bolster my brain.

Today's was what is your favorite season.  Well, I can definitely tell what is NOT my favorite season and that is summer.
Not being from Texas, I have never grown accustomed to the stifling and the horrifically hot weather that is summer.




Here the weather goes from the slow exit of winter to skipping Spring all together and heading straight on into seasonal allergies and bulldozing into 100 degree temperatures.

I would much rather spend my summers in the mountains of my youth. But those are few and far between these days.

The heatwave builds its crescendo until the two resembles a ghost town with the heat creating a mirage of waves coming across roads.

We pray for rain. We pray for cold fronts. We just pray for October. I think I would even pray to do away with the season altogether.

Texas seems to have done away with the Spring so I don't think trading Spring for Summer is really not a bad bargain.



2 comments:

  1. Go live through a few Ohio Winters especially like the blizzard of 77.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've survived Rocky Mountain winters that were pretty bad including one that hit -65 degrees. I don't think the winters in Scotland ever got that bad! LOL I would still take winter over a Texas summer anytime!

    ReplyDelete

A bit of fan and what not

A friend put this up and  being an herbalist and  amateur astrologist,  I can never resist these things :)   When times get tough,do you f...