Monday, August 3, 2015


         Join The Simple Woman for her             August Daybook.

Outside of my window....is a small squirrel struggling with a very large pine cone.

I am thinking...about the recent and excruciating pain in my right thumb and the doctor's appointment concerning my MRI, early tomorrow morning. 

I am thankful....for all of the things that I do have. 

In the kitchen...the smell of freshly baked organic-whole wheat-cacao-chip cookies.

I am wearing...denim skirt, red/white checked shirt with Cat-in-the-Hat emblem, a red scarf covering my hair and my apron. 

I am creating....nothing today since my right thumb is giving me such issues.

 I am going....past tense; have gone to the neighboring town of Decatur to 1) talk to clinic about my appointment for the doctor to view my MRI, 2)talk to my lawyer to discuss their moving along my case for disability since we now have the MRI, to hair salon and finally to Wal-Mart for produce and sketching pencils.

I am wondering about my next project; refurbishing an old metal patio set and making vinyl cushions for it as well. 

I am hoping....to start remodeling our kitchen by painting the walls, putting in trim and re-doing the floors. 

I am reading...nothing at the moment. I am too busy(with projects and doctor appointments) and too tired at the end of the day. 

I am hoping...that the disability suit hurries along and is resolved in our favor. I am so tired of all of the politics and poverty.

I look forward to....seeing some real cantaloupes in my very large and flowering cantaloupe garden. 

I am learning...that aging is not an adventure; its a soap opera!

Around the house....Husband is electronically paying bills, oldest dd is playing 'pretend' while watching You Tube videos of 'The Brady Bunch', 3 cats are laying on the table watching me type and the other cats and the dog are piled up in my chair while the youngest is finishing her sewing lesson. 

I am pondering....about meditating again tonight with everything that has happened today.

One of my favorite things....
or should I say photos. My ex-husband when we were in the play 'Taming of the Shrew' (in college). We had become better friends than spouses.  He passed away recently and I miss him terribly. 

A favorite quote for the day...." Searching is half the fun' life is much more manegeable when thought of as a scavengar hunt as opposed to a surprise party."           Jimmy Buffet

A few plans for the rest of the week....doctor's appointment, work on patio furniture, order spray painter, spend time with the youngest with a possible Skip-Bo game, working with my oldest on her art journal, hopefully get in some time on my beaded medallion AND my cross stitch project, get special needs baseball forms in the mail, bathe the dog and trim all of the cat's nails; at least 7 of them AND check on discounts for having 2 of the indoor ones fixed. 

A peek into my day....wake up, slow stretching exercises, tai chi outside, meditation for 30 minutes, feed all animals(15 to be exact), morning chores, set out food to thaw for dinner, build shelves for laundry room, get husband's stuff from laundry room out of kitchen and onto new built shelves. Rest. Work on youngest's sewing lessons. Help oldest with her embroidery.


















3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it stays busy at your house! :)
    Hope you have a wonderful week - good luck with all that you're hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot going on! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your week has started out very busy; I'm happy to have a non-busy week! Hope all goes well with your thumb, your tests, and your disability. So hard to be in a waiting time!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

The Castle Part 3

Part Three How she hated being the odd man out; the who one who always knew they were talking about her yet but their eyes, their man...