Saturday, November 21, 2015

That Kind of Day



 "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

 Everyone who knows me knows that there isn't an animal that I won't help.  Living in town, that generally means I've become savior of cats.  This week was crazy in trying to get my 4 domestics who were rescues and 3 ferals ready for a trip to Denton via a organization that will fix and give animals shots on discount.   This isn't exactly the easy feat that it sounds like. Fortunately I work on a volunteer basis for our local animal shelter. It still took several weeks and some work.



 cat carriers waiting for their occupants
Ferals awaiting to go to their country home

The wild kitties finally got to go to their new house in the country to a woman who needed 'barn cats' last night and I spent until late in the night scrubbing carriers and cleaning out my car ports which housed the remnants of this little adventure. 

I have to say I hate living in town, especially one that is depleted economic wise, medical-wise and in almost every facet of life. But while I am directed to stay here, I try my best to save these innocent souls from the hatred of my fellow human beings. I tire of burying animals that didn't need to die. In a few weeks, I will start this trek once again....a few kitties at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got it done and glad they got a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. Get to do it again in December but just feral kitties.

    ReplyDelete

Gang Buster of a Day

Oy my days have been nuts.    I am exhausted all of the time because my husband and I changed the sides of the bed, THE dog, not the husband...