Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Death Came to Visit/ Daybook










Like everyone else I'm here to write about the past year and the new year. AND I hope that it is a helluva lot better. 

My year has not been a good one; in fact it could be named the year death and disease came a-calling. 

First my severely diabetic husband had a series of unfortunate wounds and lastly had to have a pacemaker put it. Fortunately It was lessened by the the doctor finally putting him on a sliding scale insulin. 

Then my health decreased due to my degenerative spinal problems and possible fibromyalgia and depression set in....naturally. It's difficult to be a caregiver to a disabled husband, the oldest daughter's autism and a high functioning but emotional distraught daughter with Aspergers Syndrome. Then I have to take care of myself. For a while mine became so severe, my doctor thought I had neuropathy or maybe even fibromyalgia. Well I didn't have either and by summer, it was decided by medical personnel was ...(wait for it)......aging. Good lord I could have told them that.



DEATH CAME TAKES A HOLIDAY....AT MY HOUSE
One of my favorite books is by Christopher Moore called 'A Dirty Job'. It was about a little girl actually being death while her father was a death merchant, or a person who collected souls of people who had just died.

This year I've felt like one of the characters out of Mr. Moore's book.  Death has always been a major part of my life; more so than most. In my first year of  of marriage, my husband and I attended no less than 12 funerals. I think the line from 'Grumpy Old Men about not wanting the Jack Lemmon character to die because she didn't want her holidays to wrecked. And she wasn't crazy about turkey.




Well  most of my holidays have been wrecked. My father died on New Years Day, my father in law; Thanksgiving day, my mother on my sister's birthday and now my sister has died on Christmas Eve due to an aneurysm due to heavy smoking and my brother is fighting against cancer. Yes, Death has taken a holiday and unfortunately He is sitting at the table devouring that turkey.

2016 was a horrible year and it ended with a mother and daughter that had both personally touched my heart. One when I was quite young and the other in my adult life. It certainly made me think about life and death as not a bad or terrifying thing. But rather it shows a love that that could not be tethered by what most deem as negative.

I'm just praying that 2017 is much better and God willing I have to think it cannot be any worse.

DAY BOOK

For Today

Just another dreary cold winter's day

I am thinking
about returning to college for art classes
I am thankful
that my brother received a positive report about his cancer
  One of my favorite things
 my line of jewelry



 

I am creating
working on a series of native Americans in beading. I am watching
The Barefoot Artist on Netflix

I am wearing

Auburn turtle neck, grey sweatpants, pink fuzzy slippers and red long sweater.

I am reading
Trouble in Mud bug(ghost in law murder mystery)

I am listening
music by Poco
I am hoping
that the youngest's financial aid gets here on time.

I am learning
beading techniques
In the kitchen
broiling butterfly pork chops
Board Room
By Cynthia Goldstein 


A moment from my day 

With cold weather come more cats, there's actually 6 of them on the bed


Shared Quote


4 comments:

  1. Im sorry youve been hit hard too. I agree things have to get better for us, we just got to hang in there. And at least Gary is still here with you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your life through your daybook post.

    Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of so many in your family. Oh my ... I can hardly imagine how you are bearing up under it all. I pray there will be friends and loved ones to help you through these sad days.

    I hope you will be able to take your art course.

    Wishing you and your family a much better 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about all the loss and health challenges that you've had to experience - especially in the past year. Hopefully 2017 will be better...or at least a bit easier.

    That would be nice to have six cats on the bed at once. We have three cats - all are seniors now. Two are sitting by me now as I type this.

    Thank you for sharing photos of your line of jewelry. Very creative and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Hugs to you! I read your post then stopped and said a prayer for you. Healing and peace for 2017! Keep on keeping your daybook--it will be great to see how you made it through.

    ReplyDelete

Day Book4/11

Day book For Today Tuesday, April, 9:15pm This has been a busy week as I suppose every person of faith is at this time...