Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Daybook 2/8/17

 
 
 
Come over to the Simple Woman 
 
 
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2017/


February 8,2017; 541 p.m.


looking out of my window


 
This morning it was sunny and slightly warm. Now the chill came back with abandon



I am thinking
About our neighbors across the street.He has alziemers. His wife abandoned him and didn't tell the adult daughters. Fortunately he was found and brought home.  If you don't mind, please pray for them both.


I am thankful
 
For my dilapidated  house, my 15 year old car and my heater that barely works.  Because it's mine and was given to me so I would be thankful for the little things. 
 

One of my favorite things 

This photo of my parents when they were newlyweds



I am creating
 
Embroidery designs for my Etsy shop
 


'I am reading
 
Stranger in a strange land by Robert A Heinlein 
 
I am hoping
 
For peace and the end to the tyrannical bullies. And pray that G-d will save us.

I am learning
 
 
 A lot about Canada
 
 In my kitchen
 
Turkey burger for the oldest, chicken for the youngest, steak for the hubby and a vegan plate for me. 

In my garden
 

 
 Not so much my normal garden. But I found these plants being placed for the garbage man. And I could not resist!



 
 



SHARED QUOTE

Some people are so afraid to die that they forget to live....  Henry Van Dyke

or
Life is a banquet and more poor suckers are starving to death!....Mame Dennis



MOMENT FROM MY DAY
 
 
Spent my day drawing embroidery designs for spring.

7 comments:

  1. Your embroidery work is amazing! So beautiful!

    That makes me sad about your neighbors. My Dad had Alzheimer's Disease and it is a very challenging disease that has such an impact on family members. It's too bad that the wife didn't notify the adult daughters. I hope that he is receiving the care and support he needs to move through this part of his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be returning home this Friday and will have much better treatment with not only his daughters but ourselves watching over him. Thank you for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. love the design for the shop, those are some pretty plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a peek into your world today. What a pretty embroidery piece. Lovely colours. Like a garden.

    And I liked that photo of your parents when they were young. When I look at old photos of young couples or newlyweds, I often wonder if the joy in their eyes remained as the years past. I hope it was so for your parents.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I will say a prayer for your neighbours. B

    ReplyDelete

Gang Buster of a Day

Oy my days have been nuts.    I am exhausted all of the time because my husband and I changed the sides of the bed, THE dog, not the husband...